I don’t often do DIY in the crafty sense of the word, but I’m getting into it a lot more now, especially since moving home where we’ve done a lot of DIY in a short space of time.
As it is now very much wedding season and we attended a family wedding recently, I thought I would share a little keepsake that I think every bride will love creating, and the newly weds will love having in their home.
After two years of marriage I finally got road to making ours, after my friend and newbie blogger Natasha shared the link to this box frame from The Range, which she used for this baby memory box for her little boy Oscar. The frame even comes with a set of pearl effect pins to help you create your keepsake.
This wedding memory box is the perfect way to display so on the pretty tiny pieces from your wedding. You spent hours/days/weeks/months working on your big day, getting those tiny details perfect, so it is nice to memorialise them.
For my memory box I used:
- Wedding invitation
- Menu card from the taster dinner
- Church Order of Service
- A photography of our wedding rings from our photographer
- Place cards from the wedding table for Dann and I
- Drink Me tag from the mugs which were our centre pieces
- My handmade garter from one of my bridesmaids
- The lucky six pence given to my by another bridesmaid
- A red rose from my bouquet
- A white rose and pin badge from Dann’s buttonhole
- My heart shaped crystal necklace
- Dann’s Ironman cufflinks
- A flamingo charmer from another buttonhole
- A gold effect key from the tables
Start by placing it out until you have the desired display in the frame. Then pin in place items that will move to keep them in place.
And you are done!
We’re also planning on creating these for our children for their bedrooms/nursery with all their newborn items. You could do these for almost any occasion – or even as a gift for someone special for a significant birthday.
I loved creating this, and I am so happy with how it has come out. And now it is hung in our hallway for all to see and remember.