Make a splash at bathtime with your little one

baby-bathtime-essentials-6-months-plus

Bathtime might just be one of my favourite times of the day. Henry has loved baths from his second bath (his first was all screams, broken hearts, and probably slightly too cold bath water) so much so that we’ve enrolled him in swimming lessons (which I will be blogging about too)!

We’ve been a little unorthodox in that we do not have a baby bath, or a baby bath seat – we started Henry out in the kitchen sink (which you can see in my bedtime routine post), which as it is a huge porcelain sink was super convenient for us. As he got bigger and hit the six month mark, we switched to either myself or Dann having a bath with him. Now at seven months, he is in our bath on his own, thanks to a couple of bits we’ve bought to help us out.

Now that we’ve been doing bath time for a good few months now, I thought I’d share some of my personal essential products for bathtime!

baby-bathtime-essentials-6-months-plus

baby-bathtime-essentials-6-months-plus

baby-bathtime-essentials-6-months-plus

First up is the amazing Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat. We actually picked this up after seeing Willow (Sophia’s little girl) from Tattooed Tealady using one over on her Instagram. Sophia tends to be my got-to online mama when it comes to recommendations on products (we bought our Baby Einstein Playmat because she posted about hers and it was on offer! Thanks Sophia!) so I knew this would be a great product. So after a little IG chat, I purchased one of Amazon (linked previously). Although Henry isn’t 100% sitting in it, and more like slouching, he loves it and sits very happily inside it! And now we can do bath time with one parent! Wheyy! (As a note here, this seat is intended for six months plus. If you’re baby is younger than this, then I’d try the Angelcare Baby Bath Seat which is up to six months and I know comes highly recommended)

We also have a growing collection of bath toys. Our current favourites are these Nuby Bath Floaties*. Henry particularly enjoys being squirted by them! We also love our Nuby Bathtime Submarine* though it spend a lot of time being played with by Dann if I’m honest!
We also picked up this Munchkin Turtle Shower which we love, though the tube to suck up water is a little bent, making it tricky sometimes to fill back up again!

For the actual bathing – because this Baby Led Weaning leads to a messy baby most nights, we have a mix of baby sponges from Boots and the Mamia Baby Shampoo (still going on the first and only bottle we’ve ever bought!). We also use Johnson’s baby bath, though we will be switching to Tesco Baby Bath once our current bottle is finished, purely for the price, and because Tesco-own products are cruelty-free.

baby-bathtime-essentials-6-months-plus

baby-bathtime-essentials-6-months-plus

So that’s our baby bath essentials. What are your must-haves for a happy bath time?

*PR samples – all Nuby products received as part of their Brand Rep programme – all opinions, as always are my own.
Affiliate Links are used across this blog.

1. MissSparkles
    February 5, 2017 / 11:04 am

Awww your little one is so cute and looks like bathtime is a lot of fun! πŸ™‚

2. beautyqueenuk
    February 5, 2017 / 11:45 am

Aww bless him, it does look as though he really enjoys his baths. My parents used to use the sink for us as kids too x

3. Jodie Andrews
    February 5, 2017 / 5:02 pm

Aww really adorable photos, it looks like he has such a great time in the bath πŸ™‚ My little one loves the bath at the moment too x

4. Living Life Our Way
    February 5, 2017 / 5:04 pm

Adorable smiley pictures! I remember bathing my little one in the sink a few times too lol πŸ™‚ Katie x

5. Kim Hogg
    February 5, 2017 / 5:35 pm

I have never sat Piglet up in the bath, he always lies down. Even now at 11 months he chooses to lie. I don't know why I've always done that!

6. Bethany Perkins
    February 5, 2017 / 7:29 pm

Bath time is so much fun! Although my little girl is 2years old now so bath time is more like tidal wave time as she kicks and splashes so much! Still good fun though!

7. Emily Peacock
    February 5, 2017 / 7:57 pm

We swore by that bath seat with both of ours! You can never have enough bath toys either – we've had to buy more bath storage to keep them all in haha x

8. Me, him, the dog and a baby blog
    February 5, 2017 / 8:42 pm

Erin loves baths. She cries when she has to get out

9. Melanies Fab Finds
    February 5, 2017 / 10:55 pm

We sure do love bath time at ours and toys really are important to adding to the fun. How cute is that turtle. I bet all 3 of mine would love it.

10. Ashleigh - www.beingashleigh.com
    February 5, 2017 / 11:21 pm

Oh these photos are adorable! Bath times with babies look like so much fun! Ashleigh x

11. Anonymous
    February 5, 2017 / 11:44 pm

That bath seat looks like an amazing idea! But I just know my daughter would kick and scream if we tried to put her in… Or pull it apart entirely.

12. theurbanrealist
    February 6, 2017 / 10:45 am

Henry is adorable! My friend had a baby girl recently so I'll have to share this post with her.

13. Ickle Pickle
    February 7, 2017 / 8:07 pm

I love your photos. A bath seat was a must when Pickle was very small. Kaz x