Becoming seriously outnumbered, and do I really have a gender preference?

This pregnancy we found out the gender of our second little Bee, and we’re pretty damn excited. Well I know I am!
And with this, and everyone sort of asking if we are finding out the gender, we’ve had the inevitable question “are you hoping for a girl this time?”

And for some time I really did think I was hoping for a girl.
One of each is the dream right? A boy and a girl.

And part of me does still really want a girl. I’m one of three girls, my sister in law has two girls, and well I’m a girl, so it’s what I’m most familiar with. I want to buy the cute dresses, and the thick woollen tights, the Mary Jane shoes, and hair bows. And I would love to share Polly Pockets and dress up dolls and all the other very stereotypical girly activities.

But I also don’t mind at all that were having a second boy.

I’m just as happy being a boy mama. I’ll be perfectly happy with two little boys. And I think a lot of that comes from Henry being such a great little boy. If I can have a second boy who is as lovely, kind-hearted and warm as he is, I’ll be one happy mama.

I mean it is more convenient to have another boy. We already have loads of “boy” clothing (as well as gender neutral) and “boys toys”, so from a practical point of view, a boy would save us money.

So I guess ultimately it didn’t matter. All I really want is a happy, healthy baby. It’s gender doesn’t really matter to me. I’m just really excited to know what our future holds.

That being said, I think I’m going to love being the Queen Bee and the only girl in the house for a while longer, even if I am now seriously outnumbered!

1. The Breastest News
    February 12, 2018 / 8:44 pm

Aww congratulations lovely. Another boy will be fab 🙂 Yes a healthy happy baby is really all anyone could wish for xx

• Rachel Bradford
      February 15, 2018 / 3:12 pm

Thank you. And yes, here's to another healthy little boy! x

2. Little Pickles Mom
    February 12, 2018 / 8:58 pm

Such lovely announcement photos! I have this weird feeling that I'll only ever have boys and having a little tribe of bouncy boys fills me with so much joy! Baby boys are scrumptious!

• Rachel Bradford
      February 15, 2018 / 3:12 pm

Thank you. There is something quite nice about knowing I'll have a bunch of mama boys!

3. Lauren Hills
    February 12, 2018 / 11:09 pm

I am so excited for you! I’m expecting another boy so it’ll be my third, and maybe my last baby. My boys are so excitable and sweet. I quite like being outnumbered too. Gender doesn’t matter, I agree, as long as they’re happy and healthy x

• Rachel Bradford
      February 15, 2018 / 3:13 pm

Three boys, I wonder if I'll follow you too in a few years time!!

4. Maisie Gibbons
    February 13, 2018 / 9:17 am

Such gorgeous photos!! I feel like if we ever have another baby it will be another boy too!

• Rachel Bradford
      February 15, 2018 / 3:13 pm

Two boys for the win!

5. Sarah Stockley
    February 13, 2018 / 10:02 am

Conratulations. I had 2 girls and then a boy – and honestly each time I really didn't mind. I love little boys. How exciting.

• Rachel Bradford
      February 15, 2018 / 3:14 pm

I would love a little girl, but if it doesn't happen I don't think I'd be that upset by it. What will be, will be!

6. Five Little Doves
    February 13, 2018 / 9:09 pm

Congratulations! My first two were boys, then two girls, then another boy. Boys are WAY more affectionate!

• Rachel Bradford
      February 15, 2018 / 3:15 pm

I have noticed Henry is far more affectionate than most girls I've seen so here's hoping for a second very loving little man.

7. Hello Jennifer Helen
    February 19, 2018 / 9:45 am

I'm pregnant with our first and we're not going to find out the gender! I totally agree, a happy healthy baby is what I wish for. Congratulations on your second boy 🙂