Becoming seriously outnumbered, and do I really have a gender preference?

February 12, 2018

This pregnancy we found out the gender of our second little Bee, and we’re pretty damn excited. Well I know I am!
And with this, and everyone sort of asking if we are finding out the gender, we’ve had the inevitable question “are you hoping for a girl this time?”

And for some time I really did think I was hoping for a girl.
One of each is the dream right? A boy and a girl.

And part of me does still really want a girl. I’m one of three girls, my sister in law has two girls, and well I’m a girl, so it’s what I’m most familiar with. I want to buy the cute dresses, and the thick woollen tights, the Mary Jane shoes, and hair bows. And I would love to share Polly Pockets and dress up dolls and all the other very stereotypical girly activities.

But I also don’t mind at all that were having a second boy.

I’m just as happy being a boy mama. I’ll be perfectly happy with two little boys. And I think a lot of that comes from Henry being such a great little boy. If I can have a second boy who is as lovely, kind-hearted and warm as he is, I’ll be one happy mama.

I mean it is more convenient to have another boy. We already have loads of “boy” clothing (as well as gender neutral) and “boys toys”, so from a practical point of view, a boy would save us money.

So I guess ultimately it didn’t matter. All I really want is a happy, healthy baby. It’s gender doesn’t really matter to me. I’m just really excited to know what our future holds.

That being said, I think I’m going to love being the Queen Bee and the only girl in the house for a while longer, even if I am now seriously outnumbered!

13 responses to “Becoming seriously outnumbered, and do I really have a gender preference?”

1. The Breastest News says:

Aww congratulations lovely. Another boy will be fab 🙂 Yes a healthy happy baby is really all anyone could wish for xx

2. Little Pickles Mom says:

Such lovely announcement photos! I have this weird feeling that I'll only ever have boys and having a little tribe of bouncy boys fills me with so much joy! Baby boys are scrumptious!

3. Lauren Hills says:

I am so excited for you! I’m expecting another boy so it’ll be my third, and maybe my last baby. My boys are so excitable and sweet. I quite like being outnumbered too. Gender doesn’t matter, I agree, as long as they’re happy and healthy x

4. Maisie Gibbons says:

Such gorgeous photos!! I feel like if we ever have another baby it will be another boy too!

5. Sarah Stockley says:

Conratulations. I had 2 girls and then a boy – and honestly each time I really didn't mind. I love little boys. How exciting.

6. Five Little Doves says:

Congratulations! My first two were boys, then two girls, then another boy. Boys are WAY more affectionate!

• Rachel Bradford says:

I have noticed Henry is far more affectionate than most girls I've seen so here's hoping for a second very loving little man.

7. Hello Jennifer Helen says:

I'm pregnant with our first and we're not going to find out the gender! I totally agree, a happy healthy baby is what I wish for. Congratulations on your second boy 🙂